Things I want for my birthday:
- Bee kigu
- Frozen BluRay
- A tiara (that does not say birthday girl)
- chocolate vanilla marble cake with Elsa and Anna on it YES I’M TURNING TWENTY SEVEN I’M A GROWN GODDAMNED MAN I WANT A DISNEY PRINCESS CAKE.
- Spider Man and Thor comic books.
- Thirteen or more days of Gigapause.
my health teacher has a sign in her room that says ‘if you cant handle the word vagina, then you shouldnt have your penis in one’
i wonder if my health teacher knows that shes tumblr famous
To all the artists out there:
- Sign, date,and WATERMARK your work. It doesn’t matter that another person says that it looks ugly. Unless they’re PAYING you for that art and they don’t want the watermark there, WATERMARK.
But Theo, why should I do that?
Because sites like Photobucket, Pintrest and We-heart-it exist.
This is taking care of YOURSELF. Making sure YOU get credit where credit is due.
- If you catch your art being reposted without a source, don’t feel guilty about reporting it. That’s YOUR hard work.
- Don’t argue with someone who’s willing to pay over what your posted costs are.
DO argue with someone who wants to pay you LESS.
- Take breaks. Get a snack, get some water, take a nap, take a walk. It’s important for your hands, it’s important for your mind, it’s important for you. Don’t let your body suffer for your craft. Art is great. It’s wonderful, but you can only do it so long as your body is working, and trying to work through pain is HELL.
I wanted to see one of those goofy body-swap movies where the boy and girl switch bodies, and at first they’re like “We’re going to perform shenanigans,” but as the movie goes on they become more and more depressed because it’s really hard dealing with social roles and hormones that aren’t familiar or comfortable to them. And in the end the valuable lesson they learn is “Wow, we should stop being such assholes to trans people.”
I have adult-onset tethered cord syndrome, which is so rare it’s considered an orphan disease and is covered under the National Organization of Rare Disorders. I have over $3000 in medical bills, and more coming as I’m need/want to have to have spinal surgery to fix my spinal cord. So, your spinal cord isn’t supposed to be attached to anything down at the end by your tailbone. It’s supposed to be loose and kind of free floating so when you bend and move and stretch it doesn’t stretch and strain. Mine is knotted up in a nerve root bundle two vertebrae below where it’s supposed to be. I also have a lipoma in my spinal column pressing on my spinal cord. This causes me constant excruciating pain to where I can’t function in normal life. I also have a whole host of other abnormalities that my doctor doesn’t know what they are. My doctors are really dismissive, condescending, and misogynistic, and I’d like to switch doctors but I can’t afford it.
I found out today that my spine specialist (he didn’t even tell me, his receptionist did) that he doesn’t think the surgery is necessary because it’s so risky.
I have a donate button on my blog, and I really hate to ask, but I really need help paying my medical bills and affording rent since my parents and family completely cut me off financially.
Also, I live in Oregon, so anything anyone can tell me about specialists, doctors, health insurance supplements, etc, would be really helpful. Any information you can pass onto me about adult onset tethered cord syndrome would also be appreciated as I haven’t had much luck in my research. Thank you!
PSA: IF SOMEBODY ASKS YOU TO STOP TOUCHING THEM IN ANY WAY, EVEN IF YOU TWO ARE FRIENDS, YOU HAVE TO STOP TOUCHING THEM.